Beachcomber pH Plus is a granular product that increases the pH of your hot tub water. It effectively increases the pH of pool or hot tub water to keep pH in the correct range. The correct pH range is from 7.2 to 7.8 which will prevent eye irritation, corrosion, scaling and staining, helping to increase the efficiency of the sanitizer.
- Before adjusting pH, ensure Total Alkalinity is between 100-120 ppm.
- Adjust pH to a range of 7.2 -7.8.
- Add 4 g of pH Plus per 1000 L of water to increase the pH by 0.2
Water Balance Parameters
pH (7.2 – 7.8)
pH is a measure of how acidic or basic the water is. If the water is below 7.0, the water is acidic. If the pH is above 7.0, the water is basic.Acidic water can cause pitting of the heater element, and can damage the equipment. Basic water forces the calcium dissolved in the water out of solution, causing cloudy water and scaling.The pH also has a dramatic effect on the sanitizer effectiveness in the water. A high pH level results in greatly reduced sanitizer effectiveness.
Factors that can contribute to a pH change
Addition of fresh water, rain, bather use, chemicals, dust, algae, neglect, improper testing, a drop in alkalinity, carry-out or splash out, evaporation and body lotions, soaps and oils.
What to do ?
- Increase the pH using Beachcomber pH Plus
- Decrease the pH using Beachcomber pH Minus
- Increase the pH if Total Alkalinity is low, by adding Beachcomber Resist